Re: Should our documentation be free? (Was Re: Inconsistencies in our approach)

Don Armstrong <don@donarmstrong.com> wrote:
[...]
> On Wed, 06 Aug 2003, Sergey V. Spiridonov wrote:
>> So, if you find a definition which makes no difference between
>> software and documentation, please send it on this list.

>> There is a difference, even if someone doesn't want to see it.

> There clearly is a difference, otherwise we wouldn't need two words
> for the concept.

> However, you still have not brought forward a definition that
> adequately draws a bright line to distinguish between software and
> documentation. That is, at what point does software stop being
> software and become documentation, and vice versa?

Actually we don't necessarily need that much, separating "100%
documenation" and "everything else" should be good enough, and we can
apply DFSG to the latter category (including "100% software" and
"partially software").

       cu and- not taking any side pro/contra splitting doc/software.
                -reas