Re: the Ode to my Goldfish

Thomas Hood claimed:
     A "Secondary Section" is a named appendix or a front-matter
     section of the Document that deals exclusively with the
     relationship of the publishers or authors of the Document
     to the Document's overall subject (or to related matters)
     and contains nothing that could fall directly within that
     overall subject. (Thus, if the Document is in part a textbook
     of mathematics, a Secondary Section may not explain any
     mathematics.) The relationship could be a matter of historical
     connection with the subject or with related matters, or of
     legal, commercial, philosophical, ethical or political
     position regarding them.  [FDL v.1.2]

This is a pretty restrictive condition on what can be dubbed Invariant.
(It seems to have been crafted in order to describe the GNU manifesto.)
The goldfish ode pretty clearly would not satisfy it.

Sure it would.  I wrote this software because my goldfish inspired me.
The "Ode" is describing the relationship of the author to the software. It satisfies all the requirements above. That's why it's a good example. :-)