Re: migrating away from the FDL

 --- Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> wrote:
> To my knowledge, only a very vocal minority of Debian Developers
> argues for the removal of documentation licensed under the GFDL (and
> even their views are far from consistent).

No one has surveyed DDs on this question, have they?

> You guys might be putting
> the future of the project at risk, without actually realizing what you
> are doing.

What sort of risk do you mean?

I don't see the grave dangers that would arise if Debian were to decide
that what it wants to include only free documents with the free software
in its main archive and to relegate encumbered documents to an auxiliary
archive.  Debian and the FSF can survive disagreement on this point.

--
Thomas