Re: DFSG FAQ (draft)

> > free license, Debian in general does not consider material under the
> > GFDL to be free.

> I think it's premature to include such a statement in an official

Good point.

Can you suggest a re-phrase for the GFDL question?

I think it is fair to say that Debian strongly discourages its use, ie
there does seem to be consensus on that.
There also seems to be consensus that it is not free if enough of the
clauses are "activated".  With no clauses activated, there seems to be
consensus that it is unpleasant but tolerable, although that feeling
was not unanimous.  With just minimal activation, I'm not sure...

					--Barak.