Re: DFSG FAQ (draft)

Thanks.  I incorporated your mods, leaving out the public domain
change because I'm not sure how to phrase "except in France and places
like that where we take that to mean effectively the same thing even
though their legal system doesn't have such a concept except for
people like Leonardo da Vinci because obviously it's what the author
wants and they do have the concept of doing what the author wants even
though authors don't technically have the right to actually put their
own works in the public domain so don't worry about it."  Especially
without sounding like I'm baiting the French.  Which, don't get me
wrong, I enjoy as much as the next red-blooded American expat.  But
here, not there.

I think that's what Henning Makholm meant in his followup.