Re: GFDL - status?

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003, MJ Ray wrote:
> Steve Langasek <vorlon@netexpress.net> wrote:
>> Is my license which requires you to buy a jar of pickle relish every
>> time you run the program a free software license?
>
> The act of running the program is not restricted by a copyright
> licence, so would that even be a valid licence?

Acts of usage are restricted by many software licenses. I'm not aware
of one that has been successfully defended, as they're primarily used
against competitors, not users, but it's definetly possible.

Obviously, such a license would be non-free though. [At least, I hope
it's obvious.]

Don Armstrong

--
Of course, there are ceases where only a rare individual will have the
vision to perceive a system which governs many people's lives; a

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://www.anylevel.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu