Re: [Discussioni] OSD && DFSG convergence

On Tuesday 28 January 2003 11:02, Russell Nelson wrote:
> And yet, you're doing that right now.  One cannot rely on the language
> of the DFSG to decide if something is DFSG-free.  One must apply to an
> elite cabal of Debian members who are completely unaccountable and
> may decide anything they wish.  (Assuming of course that you're
> correct about your ability to be arbitrary, which I contend you are
> not).

    Why do the senior developers on debian-legal constitute an elite cabal
who are completely unaccountable and the OSI board not?  Or, if the OSI
board does [constitute ...], why is it preferable to the folks in debian-legal?
    Of course, you also have to identify to whom they accountable.  I suspect
debian-legal would prove accountable to the debian developers is they
really became capricious.  How would OSI be accountable to those developers?

Lynn