Adding copyright holders to an MIT-like license

   I was packaging elk for Debian, and also became new upstream because
it was unmaintained. I wonder what I should do with the license (atta-
ched to this message, even if not really necessary). It is an MIT-like
license, and there is no real permission to modify it, but if I am a new
copyright co-holder I should be allowed to add my name to it, right?

   Also the license says "Oliver Laumann (me)". I'd like to remove the
"(me)" part since it's no longer really "him". Is that minor change
allowed?

Regards,
--
Sam.
$Id: COPYING 220 2003-09-28 12:49:25Z sam $

Copyright 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, Oliver Laumann, Berlin
(except for the contents of the directory `doc/usenix').
Copyright 2002, 2003 Sam Hocevar <sam@zoy.org>, Paris

This software was derived from Elk 1.2, which was Copyright 1987, 1988,
1989, Nixdorf Computer AG and TELES GmbH, Berlin (Elk 1.2 has been written
by Oliver Laumann (me) for TELES Telematic Services, Berlin, in a joint
project between TELES and Nixdorf Microprocessor Engineering, Berlin).

Oliver Laumann, TELES GmbH, and Nixdorf Computer AG, as co-owners or
individual owners of copyright in this software, grant to any person or
company a worldwide, royalty free, license to

   i) copy this software,
  ii) prepare derivative works based on this software,
 iii) distribute copies of this software or derivative works,
  iv) perform this software, or
   v) display this software,

provided that this notice is not removed and that neither Oliver Laumann
nor Teles nor Nixdorf are deemed to have made any representations as to
the suitability of this software for any purpose nor are held responsible
for any defects of this software.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY FOR THIS SOFTWARE.