Re: Proposal for clarification of DFSG.1

Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net> writes:

> The consensus is long-standing and unambiguous. I do not remember
> seing it seriously challenged in the 5+ years I have been following
> debian-legal.

I think it's a bit too strong to say that it's completely unambiguous.
I think it's more than no one cares enough, given that it's such a
small hoop to jump to include a 'Hello World' in with it.  Put it this
way: insofar as it's actually an inconvenience it's a problem.  The
consensus is that it's not an inconvenience.  One could argue that a
debian package necessarily contains more than just the work itself,
and so qualifies.

That said, I agree that the consensus is that it's not a problem.

(Not a DD either -- nor likely to become one soon with twins on the
way!)

--
Jeremy Hankins <nowan@nowan.org>