Re: BSD Protection License

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 02:46:09PM -0500, Adam Majer wrote:
> Could anyone tell me if the "BSD Protection License" can be used
> for main?
>
> It can be found at:
>
>    http://people.debian.org/~adamm/LICENSE

3. Modification and redistribution under closed license.
   You may modify your copy or copies of the Program, and distribute
   the resulting derivative works, provided that you meet the
   following conditions:
   a) The copyright notice and disclaimer on the Program must be reproduced
      and included in the source code, documentation, and/or other materials
      provided in a manner in which such notices are normally distributed.
   b) The derivative work must be clearly identified as such, in order that
      it may not be confused with the original work.
   c) The license under which the derivative work is distributed must
      expressly prohibit the distribution of further derivative works.

	Clause 3c apparently violates DFSG 3.  Here, we are now allowed
to distribute a derived work under the same terms as the license of the
original software.  This looks non-free to me.

Simon