Re: zlib license

On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 08:47, Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I've been thinking about packaging netPantzer (strategy game) but
> it depends on PhysicsFS which is absent in Debian archive
> (http://www.icculus.org/physfs/).
>
> So I'd like to package it too but this software has got non-popular license.
> I think it complains DFSG but I'd like to ensure.
> Could someone read it and tell me if I am right?
>
> It's very short license. It could be reached at:
> http://cvs.icculus.org/horde/chora/co.php/LICENSE?rt=physfs&r=1.2

This is clearly a DFSG-free software licence (and a very permissive
one).

Note that another way to tell that the software is probably DFSG-free is
to:
(a) Note the changelog entry says "Switched to zlib license."
(b) zlib1g is a package in Debian main licensed under the zlib licence
(that's how the licence got its name).

The zlib library is popular free software!

Good luck,
Adam