Re: Licensing requirements ???
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Licensing requirements ???
- From: MJ Ray <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 10:12:00 +0100
- Message-id: <33107eec99c6dd771dfb90c617f20be9@Bouncing>
- In-reply-to: <20031010011024.GH21983@Bragi.private.network>
On 2003-10-10 02:10:24 +0100 Michael D Schleif <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
As I commented in response to David, I had always assumed that, so
as we do not modify source code, GPL allows distribution of this sort.
Once I read the MySQL licensing page, I have doubts.
MySQL would surely like you to buy a full support proprietary-use
licence, but if you are not doing anything beyond running the program
(ie not compiling parts of MySQL work into your program), then I think
it is not strictly necessary. Without knowing the specifics of your
case, I cannot comment further (and to learn the specifics may take
more than free time).
MJR/slef My Opinion Only and possibly not of any group I know.
http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ email@example.com
Creative copyleft computing services via http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
PM 8+9 Oct: visit me @ AFFS on .ORG stand, at www.linuxexpo.org.uk