Re: A possible GFDL compromise: a proposal

On 2003-09-27 09:28:31 +0100 Mathieu Roy <yeupou@gnu.org> wrote:

> Well, my definition of "ad hominem" is shared by ancient roman history
> teachers -- excuse me but I think that this topic they deserve to be
> trusted by comparison to these simplistic "fallacious blabla" webpages.

This makes so little sense that I await the appearance of "Rathieu Moy" in this thread.

> Well, my definition of logiciel is shared by the Académie Française,
> which is the authority in matter of French vocabulary.

Yes and no.  The definition of the AF contradicts itself and most people look at Petit Robert too.  After all, the AF campaigns refuses common import words like "week-end" don't they?

> In this case, the point of the question was explicit: both words
> "software" and "hardware" were named and presented as alternative
> answers. However, the definition underlying was implicit, correct.

No, you are still wrong.  It did not say "The point of this question is ...: Is this MP3...?"  Grrrrrrrrr.  I hate retcon attempts.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at