Re: Some licensing questions regarding celestia

On Monday, Sep 22, 2003, at 01:15 US/Eastern, Nathanael Nerode wrote:

I'd like to nail it as open as humanly possible, so I'd like to apply to
to anyone receiving a derivative work based on the work as well, unless
there's a legal complication in that.

Well, that's not public domain any more. If I take a public domain work, create a derivative work, then I have copyright over my portions of the derivative work, and can license it how I want.