Re: A possible GFDL compromise: a proposal

On 2003-09-22 10:41:16 +0100 Mathieu Roy <yeupou@gnu.org> wrote:

> Andreas Barth <aba+nospam@not.so.argh.org> a tapoté :
>> * Mathieu Roy (yeupou@gnu.org) [030922 08:02]:
>>> I do not see either why RMS's political essays should be free in the >
>>> DFSG-sense either, even when included in a documentation.
>> Because we require them to be free if we include them in Debian?
> Hum, you do not follow a rule _just_ to follow the rules, do you?

Mathieu claims to see no need for derived works of political essays despite all of the suggested reasons which are broadly similar to those for free software in general.  I think Andreas cannot be blamed for using desire to include them in Debian without compromising our commitments as a reason to make the case for DFSG-free-ness.