Re: "Robinson, Nerode and other free beer zealots" was: A possible GFDL compromise

[I assume that I am in Fedor's killfile, as I had no reply.]

On 2003-09-14 18:55:02 +0100 Fedor Zuev <Fedor_zuev@mail.ru> wrote:
[...] And, especially, "rules about how to
package a modified version"[*], is about a price as long as "they
don't effectively block your freedom to release modified
versions"[*].

I am glad that Fedor now agrees that FDL would not be a free software licence according to FSD. Note that freedom for certain modified versions (for example, even a work containing only the GNU Manifesto invariant section) are effectively blocked, which triggers this section of reasoning. I am not sure why this wasn't clearly stated in the previous message.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at