Re: A possible GFDL compromise

    But there is a difference between the GPL-required text:

    And the GFDL-required text:

They are different, but neither of them is really short, so I think
the practical consequences are more or less the same.

    [ Page 12 is the "front cover" of the GFDL'd subwork, so has just the words
    "A GNU Manual"]
    (Page 13 is the same as page 12 above)

I don't undertand this.  Why have page 13 duplicating page 12?
Anyway, this is not required for on-line use, only for printed copies,
which have covers anyway.  Likewise page 19.