Re: A possible GFDL compromise: a proposal

On Tuesday, Sep 9, 2003, at 11:55 US/Eastern, Mathieu Roy wrote:
But in fact, OpenOffice format may be even considered as acceptable:

        A "Transparent" copy of the Document means a machine-readable
        copy, represented in a format whose specification is available
        to the general public, that is suitable for revising the
        document straightforwardly with generic text editors...,
        and that is suitable for input to text formatters or for
        automatic translation to a variety of formats suitable...

It's not. See the underlined part.

But basically, you are still looking for technical potential issues
which, if you can legally confirm the issues, would be changed by the
FSF because these potential issues are not on purpose.

I'm sure we'd all like it if "GFLD with no Invariant Sections, Front or Back Cover Texts, Dedications, etc." were DFSG-free. I welcome the FSF to fix this bug.