Re: A possible GFDL compromise

On Wednesday 10 September 2003 17:55, Richard Stallman wrote:
> Where we draw the line, when judging licenses as free or not, is
> whether you can practically speaking make the code or the manual do
> the substantive job you want.  If license restrictions make it
> impossible to make the technical changes you want, then the license is
> non-free.  If they make it possible, but with conditions you might not
> necessarily like, it is free but with a practical inconvenience.

Then, a license allowing to freely distribute a software or a modified version
of this software in binary form only is free, but with a practical
inconvenience.

Mike

--
"I have sampled every language, french is my favorite. Fantastic language,
especially to curse with. Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de