Re: Some licensing questions regarding celestia

On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 03:50:40PM +0200, Mika Fischer wrote:
> 1) If one includes public-domain material in a GPL work, does one have
> to state what material is in the public domain?

Copyright does not subsist in public domain works; that is the
definition of the term, in jurisdictions where it exists at all. You
therefore have no obligations relating to it imposed by copyright law.

You may have obligations imposed by other components involved in the
work, or by laws other than copyright. I don't think the GPL makes any
such requirement, though.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |