Re: Some licensing questions regarding celestia

On 2003-09-01 14:50:40 +0100 Mika Fischer <mika_fischer@gmx.net> wrote:
1) If one includes public-domain material in a GPL work, does one have
to state what material is in the public domain?

I'm not sure, but would say yes.

2) Are there any GPL-compatibility issues when the data is licensed
differently from the GPL?

This is covered in the GPL FAQ about "aggregation" I think.

3) What rights do need to be granted for data to be included in
non-free.

I'm not sure. That it can be distributed by the ftp mirrors, I guess. Does it have to be configured specifically for use with Debian or could users just go get it themselves, instead of using our ftp mirror sponsors' connectivity? I didn't see anything in the licence about derived works: is that covered by "use"?