Re: Documentation and Sarge's Release Critical Policy

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 10:07:41AM -0400, Jeremy Hankins wrote:
> Oh, I certainly disagree with you, but that wasn't my point -- others
> are doing a fine job of making that argument.  But if I did agree with
> you, can you imagine the flame wars that would result if we had to
> decide, on a case-by-case basis, whether or not Debian could permit
> and/or support various invariant screeds?  I have a feeling l.d.o
> would simply explode!

It could be argued that deciding, on a case by case basis, which items of
invariant speech were acceptable based on subject or statements could be
viewed as making a statement of non-technical policy, and subject to GR
approval. Per item.

Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?
--
Joel Baker <fenton@debian.org>                                        ,''`.
Debian GNU NetBSD/i386 porter                                        : :' :