Re: A possible approach in "solving" the FDL problem

On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 16:42, Fedor Zuev wrote:

> 	And declaration of Someone "Let`s call everything 'software'
> 	* Someone steal from me the freedom (freedom at the some
> extent, but the most valuable extent) to use _any_ work.
> 	No, thanks. I do not need such "freedom". It will lead me
> direct to a jail, after all.

<flame intensity="62.832%">
WTF are you talking about? Are you just a troll, are are you actually
that stupid? Have you bothered to read a single f---ing message in this
forum before posting?

Did you bother to read the Social Contract, the document we're talking
about? It's one of Debian's most important documents, and its second
half is one of Debian's many significant contributions to the open
source/free software community. Come to think of it, did you even know
we're talking about the Social Contract?

At
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%22Fedor+Zuev%22+group:*debian-legal*&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&safe=off&selm=itmY.Ol.1%40gated-at.bofh.it&rnum=2&filter=0 you made it appear that you might have working grey cells. http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%22Fedor+Zuev%22+group:*debian-legal*&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&safe=off&selm=jMxr.5mX.21%40gated-at.bofh.it&rnum=1&filter=0 removed that suspicion and demonstrated your remarkable ability to read the list archives.

How Debian choses to apply its principals of freedom and to what works
it choses to apply them has NO RELATION to what will land you in jail,
NO RELATION to what is legal in your country, and NO RELATION to what
legally is a computer program

Quite frankly, hope you are right, and our decision leads you strait to
jail. Don't pass go, don't collect $200. Thanks.
</flame>