Re: A possible approach in "solving" the FDL problem

Wouter Verhelst <wouter@grep.be> wrote:
>Additionally, the FSF
>is not alone by claiming software isn't the same thing as
>documentation; international agreements and most countries worldwide
>make a distincion between how software and other copyrighted stuff is
>protected by law.

You're muddling things.  Software != "computer programs".

I'm guessing many of the laws and treaties you refer to make a
distinction between "computer programs" and other copyrighted things.

How many of them refer specifically to "software", which is a broader
category than "computer programs"?

We can admit that there is a distinction between "computer programs" and
"documentation", while still insisting that documentation on a disk or
in memory is "software".

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden at gcc.gnu.org>
http://home.twcny.rr.com/nerode/neroden/fdl.html