Re: Unicode Character Database

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 06:33:27PM +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 11:15:52AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > I see nothing strong enough to be called "consensus" either way.
> >
> > I see no case made by anyone for the UnicodeData.txt license as (in the
> > form it was in at the time -- for all I know it's been changed since
> > then) DFSG-free.
>
> That's quite bad, then. If we can't get this file to be free somehow,
> we'll have to remove all unicode (and utf-8) support.

IIRC, Thomas Bushnell disagrees.  I really don't care to rehash the
arguments on this point; they're in -devel during November and December
of last year.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      The National Security Agency is
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      working on the Fourth Amendment