Re: The debate on Invariant sections (long)

On Fri, 23 May 2003 12:01:12 -0400, Jeremy Hankins wrote:
> Frankly, this whole episode saddens me tremendously.  I have the
> utmost respect for you and the work you've done, but I simply can't
> agree with you on this issue.  It has always been very comforting to
> know that you were out there, fighting for free software, and refusing
> to compromise.  That's gone now, however this issue works out.

While I agree with the stance that this documentation is not, in fact,
Free, I'd like to point out that the GFDL does not reflect any change
in RMS's stance: the Emacs manual has always been licensed with
invariant sections, for instance.  Richard Stallman's idea of Freedom
might differ from yours, but it hasn't changed very much.

Peace,
	Dylan