Re: Proposed statement wrt GNU FDL

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 06:07:10AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> As far as I know, we're happy to accept non-free stuff in pristine
> .orig.tar.gz's as long as it's not used. If you don't have a pristine
> .orig.tar.gz anyway, then it's silly to include unused non-free stuff,
> but it's not cause for a REJECT.

Well, that's weird, because back when we had the xc/util/patch problem
with XFree86, I asked if it was okay if I just let the sleeping dog lie
until the next upstream release, and nobody said "yes".

Maybe the answer depends on how angry one has made the FTP admins
lately... :)

G. Branden Robinson                |       The last Christian died on the
Debian GNU/Linux                   |       cross.
branden@debian.org                 |       -- Friedrich Nietzsche
http://people.debian.org/~branden/ |