Re: Legal questions about some GNU Emacs files

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 05:29:25PM +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> On Wed, 7 May 2003, Branden Robinson wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 12:48:20PM +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> > > * Whether it is useful or not as a DFWWWDG-free item is not at issue.  If it
> > > is not free as we define it, Debian will not distribute it.
> >
> > ...in "main", anyway...
>
> Hair well split.  Would you have preferred "will not be a part of the Debian
> distribution"?

It's more accurate, and makes us look less hypocritical.

Of course, the best way to avoid the perception of hypocrisy is to stop
distributing non-free...

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    It was a typical net.exercise -- a
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    screaming mob pounding on a greasy