Re: Legal questions about some GNU Emacs files

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 11:20:53PM +0100, Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS wrote:
> How does that follow from the definition of "free" applicable in this
> context? http://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines

Just to pick a nit, that's not a "definition".  It's a series of tests.

The Free Software Foundation has a fairly useful attempt at a definition
of what "freedom" is as it applies to software and, I would argue, any
creative work.

In the interests of full disclosure I should note that I have pondered
extending this list of freedoms for Debian's purposes.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     That's the saving grace of humor:
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     if you fail, no one is laughing at