Re: Legal questions about some GNU Emacs files

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 08:39:08PM +0000, Brian M. Carlson wrote:
> Documentation *is* software, and therefore its licenses must follow the
> DFSG; I thought we just decided that.

Please don't exaggerate.  There is a difference between the statements:

1) Documentation *is* software; and
2) The Debian Project treats documentation as software for the purposes
   of interpreting our Social Contract and the Debian Free Software
   Guidelines.

I do not believe the former.  I do believe the latter.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |           If ignorance is bliss,