Re: query from Georg Greve of GNU about Debian's opinion of the FDL

On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 10:01:35AM +0100, Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS wrote:
> Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@debian.org>:
>
> > > In any event, if non-common law countries have legal frameworks that
> > > technically render Free Software as conceived by the FSF and the Debian
> > > Project impossible,
> >
> > Pure FUD. See my rebuke of Nathanael Nerode's message that I just
> > sent.
>
> I think the truth is that some non-common-law countries (France?) have
> laws relating to moral rights that might make it hard or impossible to
> fully guarantee the DFSG-freedom of certain works, which may or may
> not include works that would normally be described as "software".

Now, now, he already dismissed my statement as FUD.  Don't go pointing
out that he did so incorrectly.  That just embarrasses people.  We don't
have time for closely-reasoned arguments when we're touting the
superiority of the French legal system.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     Music is the brandy of the damned.