Re: LPPL and non-discrimination

Jonathan Fine <jfine@activetex.org> writes:

> My concern is with the Debian Free License, and the
> non-dsicrimination guideline.
>
> Suppose ABC Software takes a DFL and from it creates
> a new license (call it ABC-DFL) by adding the clause:
>>   If the licensee is ABC Software Inc then the licensee
>>   may freely incorporate this work into its proprietary
>>   software.
>
> My question is this:  Does this ABC-DFL license meet the
> Debian Free Software Guidelines?

Must modifications be under the ABC-DFL?  If so, it's non-free because
to modify it you must agree that ABC can use your code in their
proprietary stuff.  Is this what you're getting at?

Otherwise, it's free, afaict.

> This is a question, of course, about the working of the
> non-discrimination guideline.

Not really -- it's about whether you have the right to modify.

--
Jeremy Hankins <nowan@nowan.org>