Re: various opinions on Debian vs the GFDL

Scripsit Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@debian.org>
>  Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net> wrote

> >   ?) The GFDL is not free when applied to documents if any of
> >      the "invariant" or "cover" options are exercised.

> Is it a consensus on debian-legal that a GFDL work *without* any
> Invariant or Cover is indeed free and has no problem being distributed
> in "main"?

I believe so. There is some fudging about the precise definition of
opaque and transparent formats, but I'm not aware that anyone thinks
they would be showstoppers in and of themselves.

--
Henning Makholm              "So? We're adaptable. We'll *switch missions*!"