Re: various opinions on Debian vs the GFDL

Scripsit Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@debian.org>
>  Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net> wrote

> >   ?) The GFDL is not free when applied to documents if any of
> >      the "invariant" or "cover" options are exercised.

> Is it a consensus on debian-legal that a GFDL work *without* any
> Invariant or Cover is indeed free and has no problem being distributed
> in "main"?

I believe so. There is some fudging about the precise definition of
opaque and transparent formats, but I'm not aware that anyone thinks
they would be showstoppers in and of themselves.

Henning Makholm              "So? We're adaptable. We'll *switch missions*!"