Re: LPPL, take 2

tb@becket.net (Thomas Bushnell, BSG) writes:

> bts@alum.mit.edu (Brian T. Sniffen) writes:
>
>> c. The Current Maintainer may have included an offering of technical
>>    support for his work, labelled "Support Information".  You must
>>    remove any such offerings, though you may add your own.  If there
>>    is other information regarding support from or contact information
>>    for the Current Maintainer, you may treat it under the
>>    other terms of this License.
>
> Sure, that's fine.  But the LPPL people might not like it, given their
> weirdness.
>
> The following would be permitted:
>
> Create "original-maintainers@becket.net"; subscribe the original
> contact information to it, and then advertise this as the
> bug-reporting address.

Sure, but that's somebody being intentionally perverse.  I could
advertise my address, and auto-forward to the CMs, or whatnot, as
well.  Or I could order a pizza to their address and giggle when they
were surprised.  The License isn't going to stop jerks from being
jerks, so we don't need to invest *too* much effort in imagining how
jerks might act.

-Brian

--
Brian T. Sniffen                                        bts@alum.mit.edu