Re: modification notification requirements, and Who To Write Your License For

Walter Landry <wlandry@ucsd.edu> writes:

> Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> wrote:
> > So, please, write licenses for the audience at (3).
  ( someone [who] is pretty neutral about software licensing
    and this whole "community" concept )

> Isn't the GPL essentially a counterexample?  It was written with legal
> counsel, and many people have criticised it for it complexity.

Yes, but I think Branden is giving (splendid) advice to people writing
*new* licenses.  If the GPL suits *your* needs, by all means, use it.
--
                                                    Jens Peter Secher
_DD6A 05B0 174E BFB2 D4D9 B52E 0EE5 978A FE63 E8A1 jpsecher get2net dk_