Re: The Helixcommunity RPSL is not DFSG-free

On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 10:28:18PM -0500, Russell Nelson wrote:
> John Goerzen writes:
>  > Can you positively assert that this is the case in every country, not just
>  > the US or Britain?
>
> You are asking a question whose answer is of no importance.
>
> Read section 12.8 of the RPSL.

Most governments are unwilling to cede their jurisdiction to remote
localities, or private corporations.  While things are definitely headed
that direction, they're not quite there yet.  Even if my company tells
me to commit murder, and my employment contract says that any criminal
prosectuion or civil wrongful death suits are to be handled via binding
arbitration, it is unlikely that a court system anywhere in the world
will countenance such a restriction (at least not until the requisite
bribes or campaign contributions have been paid, which is how it's
always been).

I guess we'll see which way the wind blows after _Ting v. AT&T_[1].

[1] http://news.findlaw.com/business/s/20030212/telecomsattconsumersdc.html

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |           //     // //  /     /