Re: PHPNuke license

On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 06:06:19PM -0500, David Turner wrote:
> > Hm, you probably ought to be aware that the PHPNuke people seem to
> > have interpreted it as an authoritative statement from the FSF:
> > <http://phpnuke.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=4947>
>
> I wish I had been more clear that IANAL and TINLA.

Well, you should at least try to set them straight now, although I
suspect you won't make much headway; I gather from other remarks that
have been made about PHPNuke that its author is the sort that will latch
onto any justification for his actions that is offered, and never let go
even if the circumstances behind that justification change.

You know, kind of like how it doesn't matter whether or not Iraq
destroys its Al Samoud missiles; if they don't, they get invaded for
non-compliance; if they do, it's not "real" compliance.

An incapacity for sincerity is not a personality trait unique to
politicans.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |       The only way to get rid of a
Debian GNU/Linux                   |       temptation is to yield to it.