Re: GNOME Font Copyright

Scripsit Glenn Maynard <g_deb@zewt.org>
> On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 03:02:26PM -0500, Jeff Licquia quoted:

> > The Font Software may be sold as part of a larger software package but
> > no copy of one or more of the Font Software typefaces may be sold by
> > itself.

> I wonder how it's possible to more than one thing "by itself" ...

The intended meaning must be that you can only sell a copy if the
media contains something that is not among any of the covered fonts.
I.e., it is not sufficient to aggregate two of the fonts with each
other and then sell that combination. (But OK if you aggregate those
same two fonts with a "hello world" /bin/sh script).

--
Henning Makholm  "I paid off ALL my debts and bought a much-needed new car."