Re: Always free?

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 10:47:39AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> Well, wouldn't you say that gratis QA, bugfixes, and enhancements to the
> code under reciprocal terms count as a form of consideration?

Apparently not, as you're not obligated to provide it -- contract law just
isn't designed to deal with "gift society". Jeremy's paper, alluded to
elsewhere, covers this somewhat, at least as far as Australian law goes.

Cheers,
aj

  ``Dear Anthony Towns: [...] Congratulations --
        you are now certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer!''