Re: Perl module license clarification

Hi,

I'm wondering why it is a bad idea that people just delegate their licensing
to another license, as is the case with the Perl modules.  Maybe that is
exactly what they want as in "we simply follow the Perl license, wherever
it takes us".  If at some point they don't agree with what Perl itself is
doing, they simply rerelease the next version under a different license
(I'm probably taking a few legal shortcuts here).

I mean, why should we force them to make a specific choice?  They have in
already made a choice: to follow Perl.  What's wrong with that?

I'm really curious as to what specifically and exactly is wrong with this
type of license delegation.

There is probably a similar issue with stating that software is licensed
under the GPL version 2 or any later version.  Isn't that also delegation
to another license?

Thanks,
Ardo

--