Re: mod_ldap for proftpd is now post-card licensed (proftpd 1.2.7+)...
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: mod_ldap for proftpd is now post-card licensed (proftpd 1.2.7+)...
- From: Francesco Paolo Lovergine <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 13:08:47 +0100
- Message-id: <20030201120847.GB1293@gandalf.libero.it>
- Mail-followup-to: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <20030131145314.GA9758@firewall.ba.issia.cnr.it>
- References: <20030130120622.GA32559@firewall.ba.issia.cnr.it> <20030130141302.GA19506@firewall.ba.issia.cnr.it> <20030130164226.GA9683@engmail.uwaterloo.ca> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20030130195212.GL3183@zewt.org> <email@example.com> <20030131145314.GA9758@firewall.ba.issia.cnr.it>
On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 03:53:14PM +0100, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 09:14:26PM +0100, Henning Makholm wrote:
> > Scripsit Glenn Maynard <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > > On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 07:51:27PM +0100, Henning Makholm wrote:
> > > > > Send him a postcard with the appropriate GPL section
> > > > > highlighted.
> > > > Um, but what is the appropriate GPL section?
> > > these terms and conditions. You may not impose any further
> > > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > > restrictions on the recipients' exercise of the rights granted herein.
> > > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > Yes, but that doesn't bind the author (assuming that he has the sole
> > copyrigt on the program).
> He's the only copyleft holder.
Argh! The same license issue applies to current sid version (1.2.6)!!!
Both include the same 2.8.10 release of mod_ldap, but for the postcard
--- proftpd-1.2.6/contrib/mod_ldap.c 2002-08-31 02:45:02.000000000 +0200
+++ proftpd-1.2.7/contrib/mod_ldap.c 2002-09-21 04:09:36.000000000 +0200
@@ -19,6 +19,23 @@
* Furthermore, John Morrissey gives permission to link this program with
* OpenSSL, and distribute the resulting executable, without including the
* source code for OpenSSL in the source distribution.
+ * As of mod_ldap 2.8.10, you MUST send me a postcard at the following
+ * address if you use mod_ldap. If you do not send a postcard, you are in
+ * violation of mod_ldap's licensing. I'm not trying to be needlessly
+ * uptight about this, all it boils down to is that I want to know that
+ * people are using mod_ldap and that they appreciate the effort I put into
+ * working on it (and providing free support, I might add). I tried making
+ * this optional on some of my other software, but it's been several months
+ * and I've yet to receive even a single postcard. If you don't have(?) or
+ * don't want to send a postcard, send a photograph of your local area or of
+ * something geographically close to you that you find interesting. It'll
+ * only cost you a dollar or two. Please do me a favor and send it.
+ * John Morrissey
+ * P.O. Box 209
+ * Henrietta, NY 14534-2638
+ * USA
@@ -43,7 +60,7 @@
- * $Id: mod_ldap.c,v 1.25 2002/08/31 00:45:02 jwm Exp $
+ * $Id: mod_ldap.c,v 1.26 2002/09/21 02:09:36 jwm Exp $
* $Libraries: -lldap -llber$
Francesco P. Lovergine