mod_ldap licensing issues

Hi all

I'm cross-posting d-legal & mod_ldap author John Morrissey.
If someone would add something about this issue, please
add John in Cc.

John:

We in Debian need some clarifications about your current license
for mod_ldap. We need minimally to move proftpd-ldap in non-free
section when 1.2.7 will be uploaded. But this is not a problem of
yours surely :). Your problem is another one: you released under
GPL and added a send-me-a-postcard condition as an additional
constraint.
Unfortunately, this (could) appear a violation of GPL licensing.
My own suggestion is adopting an ad-hoc GPL-like modified
license which contains also the postcard req. Or eventually
drop that requirement.

You could follow and contribute to the current discussion about this
issue on debian-legal:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2003/debian-legal-200301/msg00241.html

--
Francesco P. Lovergine