Re: OSD && DFSG convergence

On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 03:46:03PM -0500, Russell Nelson wrote:
> I'm on the mailing list.  Debian policy is to not CC the author.  If
> you guys can't follow Debian policy, how in the WORLD do you think
> anybody can follow the DFSG, much less your interpretation of it?  I
> am not encouraged by your behavior.  It's not something to engender
> confidence.

That's funny.  I asked you whether you wanted CCs on mails, since you
didn't appear to be replying to mails not CCd to you.  I asked thrice,
in fact, but you didn't give an answer.  The only mails from me you've
ever replied to are ones I've CCd, and every time I've skimmed through
mails you've responded to, they're all ones CCd, and those not CCd were
not replied to.

Although this could be coincidental, it is an extremely reasonable
conclusion from this that you don't read the list.

And now you're complaining about CCs, and trying to use it as a lever
for your argument?

It's not something to engender confidence.

(And trying to compare behavior wrt. list policy that most people don't
even know about vs. the DFSG, a constitutional document of guidelines, is
meaningless, and you know it.  Please stop.)

--
Glenn Maynard