Re: Java licensing (was Re: Discussion - non-free software removal)

(first off, I'm not in debian-legal, Cc: me please)

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 09:17:16PM -0800, Stephen Zander wrote:
>     Colin> I don't see how they can prevent a clean-room competing
>     Colin> implementation without software patents.  A license on
>     Colin> their code does nothing to other implementations.

(...)

> Followups set to debian-legal

	On this issue, I would appreciate a peer-review of the Debian Java
FAQ [1] from people at debian-legal, specially for the license-related
chapter [2]. Is everyone ok on the wording/explanations?

	Regards

	Javi

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-java-faq/
[2] http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-java-faq/ch2.html#s2.3