Re: question about leaving lzw and unknown-license code in source

Hi Roland!

You wrote:

> Is there any way for xmedcon to become official without taking those parts
> mentioned above out of the source code (which neither the upstream author nor
> me would find very attractive).

Nope.  We cannot distribute software that doesn't have a proper license (the
Siemens stuff) or is affected by patents (the lzw stuff).
Note that the source is distributed along with the binaries (as required
by GPL et al), so disabling the patented/non-free stuff without removing
it altogether, won't help you at all.

--
Kind regards,
| Bas Zoetekouw              | GPG key: 0644fab7                     |