Re: DFSG vs Pine's legal notices: where exactly is the gotcha?

On Saturday 09 November 2002 10:05, Andrea Borgia wrote:

> I did and I did not, and still do not, understand why, say, RedHat can
> distribute pine in binary form and Debian cannot. Or anyone making prebuilt
> debs available, for that matter.

RedHat read the license and made the choice to distribute it.  Debian made the
choice not to.  We do ship pine-source which lets whoever wants to build a
version for themself.

Remember, just because other people do it does not make it right or legal.  RH
can also afford to be sued.