Re: Aspell-en license Once again.

Peter Palfrader <weasel@debian.org> writes:

> On Wed, 06 Nov 2002, Brian Nelson wrote:
>
>> Walter Landry <wlandry@ucsd.edu> writes:

>> > and then later in the DEC description

>> > which is clearly not a free license.
>>
>> No, that's not the point.
>
> IMHO this is exactly the point.

Why did you snip the rest of my explanation?  As I said, that statement
is *not* a license.  The DEC word list has no license.  It doesn't have
any known copyright either.  It just exists, and is used in several
supposedly free word lists.

The only issue Debian has with distributing the DEC word list is
possible infringement of a copyright that we don't know even exists.
And, if that's truly something to worry about, I'm sure there are many
other packages that could possible infringe on some copyright.  Unless a
copyright holder notices and claims infringement, how could we possibly
know?

--
People said I was dumb, but I proved them!