Re: ldp-es_20002103-7_i386.changes REJECTED

Scripsit Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña <jfs@computer.org>
> On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 10:51:50AM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:

> > I'm afraid you are quite wrong.  A translated work is a product of both
> > the original author and the translator, and both have an independent
> > copyright.

> Show me where the international law says so.

That has been pointed out several times: The Berne Convention (Paris
text 1971, English version), article 2, section 3:

| (3) Translations, adaptations, arrangements of music and other
|     alterations of a literary or artistic work shall be protected as
|     original works without prejudice to the copyright in the
|     original work.

Notice the last nine words.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/treaties/berne/overview.html

--
Henning Makholm         "Nemo enim fere saltat sobrius, nisi forte insanit."