Re: New MP3 License Terms Demand $0.75 Per Decoder

On Tue, 2002-08-27 at 16:59, Martin Schulze wrote:
> http://slashdot.org/articles/02/08/27/1626241.shtml
>
>     New MP3 License Terms Demand $0.75 Per Decoder
[snip]

As a Canadian, and also the author of an mp3 player (though not the
decoder itself), can I be legitamitely hounded for money? (Ignore the
fact that I distribute mpg321 via the sourceforge page for now. I'm not
sure if the fact that I maintain mpg321 for debian means I'm the
distributor there too.) Keep in mind that other distributions, such as
Red Hat, have distributed mpg321 in the past.

--
Joe Drew <hoserhead@woot.net> <drew@debian.org>

"This particular group of cats is mostly self-herding." -- Bdale Garbee