Re: non-software violates social contract?

Joe Wreschnig <piman@sacredchao.net> writes:

> Type1 and TrueType fonts are both Turing-complete language.
[...]
> PDF and PS documentation formats are Turing-complete languages,

Hmmm... I'm pretty sure neither PDF nor Type 1 are Turing-complete.
PDF was designed as sort of a predigested version of PS, for easy
interpretation.  I do not believe it has any control structure
(unless you include javascript, which it allows).

Type 1 was similarly designed as a simplification to make ATM work
easily.  I think that for anything programmatic, you have to use Type
3....

Heralds Lament: I'm not bad, I'm just emblazoned that way